Aid Expand – who we are
We are a non-profit organization focused on solution-oriented financial and technical cooperation, education in the majority world and medical aid in poverty-stricken regions.
Sustainable community development policy with local partners in the target countries is of central importance to us and a lived practice.
We are committed to sustainable development and are guided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
In doing so, we focus primarily on the following goals and indicators:
- Goal 1 – No Poverty: end poverty in all its forms, ensure basic services and social protection services, especially for the poorest and most vulnerable.
- Goal 2 – No Hunger: Eliminate hunger and ensure access to safe, nutritious and sufficient food.
- Goal 3 – Health and well-being: Healthy lives for all people of all ages and reduction of health risks.
- Goal 4 – Quality Education: Access to equitable and quality education at all stages of life. Support children and youth in acquiring relevant skills to enable them to access employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
- Goal 16 – Peace, justice and strong institutions: We pursue the intention of creating peaceful and inclusive societies based on respect for human rights, protection of the most vulnerable, the rule of law, and good governance at all levels. In doing so, we aim to establish and maintain transparent, efficient and accountable institutions that promote non-discriminatory laws and policies, fight corruption, bribery and organized crime.
Aid Expand e.V.
– that is 10 employees with more than 6 projects in 6 countries – all with 1 common goal:
Together with local staff, professionals and volunteers, we are committed to improving general living conditions of disadvantaged people, regardless of their culture, religion or ethical background.
Aid Expand e.V. is active in many different countries to engage and help, e.g. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kenya, Nigeria, Mozambique, Philippines.
Our employees are involved in school projects as well as many other development projects on site.
This always involves mutual learning between equal partners with the aim of helping people to help themselves.
Our commitment is based on our understanding of responsibility towards our fellow human beings, respect for those who think and live differently, and “reverence for life” in the spirit of Albert Schweitzer and Christian humanism.
With this bundle of measures, we effectively contribute to achieving international goals such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations (UN) and to contributing to a globally just and sustainable development.
Currently, a major project is being implemented in Nigeria, where classrooms are being doubled, educational staff are being trained, and awareness is being raised regarding quality educational, equitable, and inclusive primary education concepts.